Monday, October 10, 2011

English Debate Society

Woohoo! Today is perfectly a splendid day! This morning, my friends and I had a presentation about English Debate Society (EDS) in front of the third semester students. Don't know why I was so excited to do it. I had to talk a lot and persuade as many as possible students to join our society. One part that I like the most of the presentation is when I had to tell my own experience of being a member of EDS. It's just because I'm the real evidence that EDS is good for them. Well, this is what I told to them:

"I used to be so bad in English. I was even very shy to sing my thought out in front of the class although I'm actually such a critical student. Joining EDS was so scary at first that I met many people that were very fluent speaking English, I thought. I was not confident at all. Everytime they asked me to speak, all I did was only refusing. Yet, I don't know when it literally happened, but I magically turned to be gradually so much better in English. Moreover, I turned to be more confident to speak in front of the class. Well, I'm still nervous when I have to speak in English in front of many people now, but I'm also able to handle this feeling pretty well. Now, you can see that I can speak English even though I still make some mistakes. It really doesn't matter at all because in EDS we have so many friends that will gladly help us, evaluate our speaking skill, support each other, encourage mentally, and most importantly, we learn to speak in English together. EDS truly affects me a lot."

 That's what I said to them and that's what I honestly feel. My friend, Ali, even told them that by joining EDS, there will be so many advantages we get, including money $_$ hahaha... He took some of my experiences as the examples. I was asked to be the MC of Magelang Anniversary Celebration Party and I had to use English. He also said that I was also asked to be the moderator of a workshop held by U.S Embassy. And the guest was an American Independent Movie Director, Mustava Davis. 

Oh my, I was touched to know that they notice my achievements. Before having such a presentation, I don't think too deeply about EDS effects to me, but now, I frankly admit that it really affects me. Oh yea, EDS also affects me psychologically that I don't want to be worse in English than my friends. It makes me believe that I can speak English well through studying English harder. 

Okay, I promise I will maintain EDS like mad :D Being a part of it is such an honor for me. Hopefully, those who have decided to join us can also get advantages that I've got. Wish me had enough time to join it regularly! And people, please keep the inspiration going !!!!!! ;))))

No comments:

Post a Comment