Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Charming Stranger #3

Hello fellow, it's nice to tell you that last week I took part in Borobudur International Hash House Harriers or Borobudur Interhash 2012. I was asked to be one of the guides. The amazing thing was I met a couple of charming strangers from other countries. But well, I don’t want to talk much about the event. I just wanna share my experience meeting up one of the charming strangers there.

His name is Mr. Varpal. He comes from Malaysia and he was my master at guiding the hashers.

 Me & Mr. Varpal from Malaysia

The first time I met him, he wasn’t really outgoing. Yet, when we arrived at the runsite number 2, which was called Kintelan, Pakis, we collaborated pretty well. He conducted the event perfectly that most of the people (hashers, committee, and the villagers) there could enjoy it much.

On the way to Borobudur, he sat next to me. We talked a lot about the quality of the education, politics, ethnics and the cultures in Malaysia compared to Indonesia. I learned a lot from him. Nonetheless, I don’t really think that he’s that charming, because he was the one who forced me to drink beer. And you know, pals?! I couldn’t even avoid and I did that for the very first and the last time of my life! Hahaha this I promise myself. Anyway, that’s the risk I should take as a tour guide, isn’t it? :p Well actually, I feel happy and blessed to have such an experience!

Catch you later with other posts concerning Borobudur Interhash! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment