Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hello, 2012! You Seem to be Exciting! ;)

It’s been very long time I didn’t share anything on this blog. Well, actually this is one of the happiness of life; to write my feeling on it. Yet, I’ve been overwhelmed by my university assignments. It’s a lot and steals almost all my time and my attention. Not to mention, I will face final exams in a about one week or two later on. Of course, I will prepare all of the things I need well and I will study your ass off!

Nonetheless, as a refreshment, I steal a little of my time to read some books. I just finished reading “Ranah 3 Warna” written by Ahmad Fuadi. It is a super awesome book I’ve ever read as well as its first sequel “Negeri 5 Menara”. I once tweeted the writer and surprisingly, he replied. He said that the English version of Negeri 5 Menara has been published. Uuuuh, I want one to be mine for sure! But, I need to be patient because I’m currently scrimping and saving for some needs that I have to pay in next two months.

You know, I’m so impressed about that book. I cried so often during reading it and there were so many lessons that I got smoothly through my interpretation during the reading process. It might a very simple thing, but it makes me think bigger and wider about that thing and other related things. Actually, this is what I always get from reading; new insights, new knowledge, a new richer heart, a new more optimistic soul, and some new points of view.

Other books that I just read are “Ronggeng Dukuh Paruk” and “Lintang Kemukus Dinihari” written by Ahmad Tohari. Actually, I’ve read some parts of “Ronggeng Dukuh Paruk” when I was in Senior High School. We analyzed some of its linguistics aspects in class. But, frankly, I wasn’t this excited about that book. Those are the books that are also adapted to be “Sang Penari” the movie which was awarded as the best movie 2011 in FFI 2011. The books tell about a very unique culture about small place in Indonesia that wasn’t influenced by the outside world. The main character is Sritil, a dancer or the writer calls it as a ronggeng. She’s so pretty and very talented at dancing. What makes these books interesting is that, in my opinion, everything is said originally. There are actually three books of its sequel, the last one is “Jantera Bianglala”, but I haven’t read the last one because I must accomplish my assignments first.

Okay, I think reading those three books is enough to have some refreshments to start 2012. So, I would like to start working on my assignments again and might be reading “Jantera Bianglala” tomorrow morning hehehe. I’m just curious, you know!

Anyway, I actually planned to make my 2012 resolutions list, but punish me that I was too lazy just to type it -___- So, hereby, I want to write some of my resolutions, but before that, I have some unforgettable achievements in 2011 that I would like to share as well!

My 2011 greatest achievements:

1.      I didn’t expect at all that I could get 3.73 as my GPA in my third semester of university. It was out of my prediction. Yet, let’s say that it’s just because I was unemployment at that time and to be frank, I was so focused on my study only. I thought that it sounded terrible that I didn’t have any job. Yet, I had a chance to, at least, make something I could be proud of, that is my study. And see? As long as I wish something and believe it in the deepest of my heart with no doubts, it will come true. Of course, without forgetting that we have to work hard on it!

2.      This is too bad that in 2011, I experienced the most horrible part of my life that is being jobless. I had no clue why to manage my study well I was too busy with my fucking work. Then, I decided to resign from Musvia Radio and boldly looked for a new workplace that hopefully could understand and appeciate my willingness and passion about studying. Finally, I was accepted in Radio Polaris FM. This is the radio station that I’d dreamt about since when I was in Junior High School. Of course I was extremely happy and grateful! This place (and my boss) completely understands my study :’) This is as well one of my dreams-come-true stories I’ve ever experienced. Thank you, Alloh!

3.      The other great achievement is when I was invited to be a moderator of a workshop held by U.S. Embassy and Borobudur Movie Links. There was an American independent film director, Mustava Davis. I was honored to be there, especially to meet Mustava Davis and Muhammad Reiza. Muhammad Reiza works at U.S. Embassy and of course I took this good time to ask about some scholarship U.S. Embassy might provide. I was given his email address and whenever I’m ready, he wanted me not to hesitate to send my CV to his email. Yaiy! Lucky me!

I think, those are the three things I’m so thankful for about 2011. Hmm, this is exciting, I’m gonna tell you what I wanna do in 2012!

1.       Wanna spend some of my money to by lots of new books and, as I’ve been dreaming, I want to have a bookshelf made from glasses in my own room!

2.      Wanna buy a new guitar. I learned how to play guitar when I was in Junior High School and I’m at the moment wanting to be able to learn it again.

3.      Gonna take a traditional dance course. Hawh! I’ve been obssesed about traditional dances. After asking some friends of mine about some places in Magelang that provide a good and affordable (for me, as a student) traditional dance course, I decide to take is in around March! Woohoo, I bet it would be so awesome!

4.      Looking for some new scholarship. Last year, I got a Peningkatan Prestasi Akademik (PPA) scholarship from Dikti. Meanwhile, I’ve been trying to propose a scholarship from BCA in 2010 and almost proposed it agoin in 2011 but I couldn’t do that because I still got the Dikti’s scholarship. So, this year, I will be more industrious in looking for scholarships. If you have info, even though just a very little, be free to tell me, comrades!

5.      Have a so much better time and money management skills! Hehehe, for the sake of God, these have been my biggest problems in 2011 that I sometimes felt so dizzy to manage my time and money. It’s never been easy to study and work at the same time, but I’m already halfway passing through it. Wish me the best of luck that I could handle those two problems pretty well!

6.      Actually, I’m still in doubts about this. In 2011, I was asked by my university and my workplace to be the representative to join the Magelang Tourist Ambassador. But, I ignored it firmly! I had no clue about that event, all I thought there are only beauty and handsomeness that are competed. To make it simple, I’m not beautiful and I wasn’t confident enough. But, if this year I’m asked again, I will try :)

7.      In the beginning of 2011, I was also asked to join a Pertukaran Pelajar Antar Negara (PPAN) selection test to go to Canada. But, I wasn’t lucky I must say, that my Senior High School’s certificate couldn’t be signed by my SHS’s principals because he was leaving Magelang. Another problem was the information came a bit late so that I had no time to prepare it well. Hopefully, I could join this again and prepared everything well!

I don’t think it’s easy to make resolutions because they can be both motivation and burden. But, as long as the resolutions are measurable and realistic, I believe God will help!

Anyway, wish you could make you dreams in 2012 come true as I’m here busy believing and pursuing my own dreams! Chiaow! xx

Kartika Fitrianingsih :)

No comments:

Post a Comment