Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pre-Graduation Worries :|

Been so long since I wrote on this blog. I’ve been being overwhelmed by the graduation stuff. A lot of things to accomplish as soon as possible and they occupied me much. Now, I am quite free and having pretty much nothing to do but waiting for the graduation day to come. It’s gonna be on the 16th of November.

Doing nothing has been so boring to me. Fortunately, I got the opportunity to take part in Debat Bahasa Inggris SMA se-Kota Magelang on October 28 and Debat Bahasa Inggris SMK se-Kota Magelang on October 30 and 31. Debating has been my passion since I was on the 4th semester. And I am so grateful that my university always gives me the opportunity to join any debating activities they have. A couple of friends and I were invited to be the adjudicators of those two debate competitions. Of course, I was so impressed to do so.

It wasn’t the first time for me to adjudicate a debate session. I did the same thing in the pass two years as well. Yet, I felt kinda nervous at the beginning of delivering verbal adjudications. But then, things run so smoothly that I can control my speech and the content of the oral adjudications I gave to the debaters. That was also slightly unbelievable that I became the chair adjudicators for 9 debate sessions. Meaning that I delivered 9 different oral adjudications. To be honest, I felt tired and so thirsty afterwards. Yet, I was very much happy. Especially seeing those, whom I gave my verbal adjudications to, were happy to get the information I brought to the debate. Those who thought that what I told them was very beneficial.

Well, btw I am going to graduate in only two weeks. Actually I am pretty afraid that I will lose the opportunities I used to have when I was still in uni, including joining debate exhibitions. Are those two debate competitions I joined lately gonna be the last ones? Hopefully not. But then, this motivates me to develop myself, to push myself to look for or even CREATE the opportunities I want. Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment