Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thank you, VOA!


This month is a very special month for me, simply because I got an opportunity to come to a great event, which is VOA Affiliates Conference 2012. I thought I didn’t deserve this. My boss asked me to fulfill the registration form for him to join this event. Yet, after one week or two, the same registration form came to me and I was asked to fulfill it for myself. I had no clue why. But I was so grateful for that.

 

The conference was held on the 11th, 12th, and 13th of November in Sheraton Surabaya Hotel and Towers. The hotel facilities are very remarkable. I compared this duty as a holiday because I really enjoyed to be there. I met a lot of people who work in jurnalism field. We as well had great sessions of seminars whose speakers are great too. There were Latief Siregar (Executive Producer of MNC TV), Bimo Nugroho (President Director of PT Asia Surja Digital Televisi), Jerry Justianto (Director of Maxima Corporation), Ali Murtadlo (Director of Jawa pos Media Televisi Corporation Surabaya), Silih Agung Wasesa (Managing partner ASIA PR), Fachry Mohamad (Founder and CEO Smart FM Network), Norman Goodman (VOA Washington), Dough Boyton (BBG Washington), and Frans Padak Demon (VOA Jakarta). My favorites were Ali Murtadlo, Fachry Mohamad, and Norman Goodman because I learned a lot of things from them! What they were speaking about impressed me a lot.






Even though the schedule of the seminar was very tight, I still could have shopping time at Tunjungan Plaza. My boss and I bought some books and tried some food. I really enjoyed every single thing I did in Surabaya J I was alone in my room and a bit confused what to do though haha But when I could not sleep earlier, I watched Desperate Housewives the whole night xixixixi



When I was about to leave for Magelang, I asked my boss who reccomend me to fulfill the invitation from VOA, he said nothing. But finally he confessed that he was the one! He told me that I deserve it because I’ve been trying to work hard and dedicating the best things I can do to my office. So, that should be the time when my hard work paid off. I was like.... speechless but severely happy. Thank you boss, Polaris, and VOA!

with Norman Goodman :)

with Dough Boyton

No comments:

Post a Comment